Monday 28 July 2008

Rewrite

I've been rewriting some old bits and bobs that I started a while ago - little chunks of ideas that I wanted to pull together. So if I was to start a book, it would begin like this:

When we lie in our beds and listen to the muffled patter of raindrops falling onto the roof above us, it is much the same as hearing them from underwater. The ebb and flow of sound as the storm varies, the constant hiss and tapping as individual droplets burst on an unforgiving surface and splash back upwards, is heard just as clearly by the inhabitants of the ocean. For while fish may not have ears, there are creatures in water that listen.

Ideas always come at night, so not too bad considering I got up to scrawl it on an envelope.

Currently listening to:
Sadie Jemmett
Björk
Alphabeat
Tire Swing - Kimya Dawson
Anyone Else But You - The Moldy Peaches
I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby - Hot Club of Cowtown
Oh Mandy - The Spinto Band

No comments: