Monday 16 March 2009

Thoughts thoughts

There's so much to think about at the moment - I'm looking into going to one of these places to do research for my dissertation in September:

oh. wow.
All are possibilities, some more likely than others.

I'm also thinking about my latest fashion show designs. The theme is Paradise Lost. Unlike some of the contributors, I do not wish to do a dress for Eve with an apple-shaped handbag or a white dress for an angel with fluffy wings. I'm making 3 menswear items, based on angels (male in the Bible) as an army of God - 3 sets of harnesses, with interlocking fastenings, bundles of ropes, huge billowing parachutes, gloves with studs and straps... I want the 3 to link together, the second and third models pulling back the parachute of the one before (tangled in folds and strings and clasps) then the third model's parachute being pulled up and stretched out to be used as a screen for projection. As well as pictures of real parachutes and harnesses, (and the All Saints parachute dress) I've been inspired by Blaak, Spring 2003, Helmut Lang, Burberry Prorsum, Norma Kamali:


















I've spent far too much money on bits and bobs for it already, it's a bit revolting (I told you I'm a hypocrite), but it feels great to be inspired by something.

Currently listening to:
The Fear - Lily Allen
Toothpaste Kisses - The Maccabees
Paper Planes - M.I.A.
Womanizer - Britney Spears
Little Bitty Pretty One - Thurston Harris
Forgive Me - Leona Lewis
Stuck in the Middle with You - Stealers Wheel
The Killers, Duke Special, Bon Iver.

No comments: