Thursday 20 November 2008

Clarification

I feel some clarification is in order, based on recent lectures and essay reading. No one asked for it, but here it is anyway.

In many issues, it seems that Christianity has no place in today's society for the rational or philosophical thinker - however I feel that this is completely wrong, and I think that the preconceptions about Christianity that I encounter have reached ridiculous and dizzying heights.

Here it is in a nutshell: (please click) 2 ways to live. It takes 5 minutes to read & I don't think it would be a waste of time. I hope that people might notice that it differs fundamentally from the religions we have been hearing about in lectures - it is centred around Jesus Christ, a person whose existence can be found in secular history as well as the Bible, and therefore is not something plucked from the air, from meditation, from the minds of even the most intelligent people. He was there, he lived, he died and he rose again, and he demands a response.

This isn't meant to be an aggressive post, the message of Christianity is good news! And like all good news, I want to pass it on.

No comments: